- He is absolutely the most polite little 18 month old you will ever meet. And he is rubbing off on his big brothers, can you believe it? He is so good at saying Thank You, and knowing when to say it all on his own. It is so darling, we all love to hear him say it. He will say it during dinner, when I give him fishies, get his binky, and even to strangers. He is one smart, polite little guy.
- He is friendly, at least from a distance. He loves to say HI nice and loudly to anyone and everyone. And lately it's been turning into HI-YO! His version of Hello. :)
- Owen loves backpacks and loves to wear one around the house.
- He loves his binky and blankie and is good about putting them in his crib when he wakes up.
- He loves doggies, real ones and stuffed ones and is always giving his stuffed ones kisses.
- Owen gives the best kisses!
- He is talking up a storm, and can tell us what he wants. It's so fun to hear him communicate.
- He loves songs and loves to sing! His favorite songs are Wheels on the Bus, Five Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree, and I Will Go, I Will Do. If he wants us to sing them for us he comes right up and starts doing the actions and attempting the words. I love this! And I love to hear him sing Nephi's Courage..."I-ya-GO, I-ya-DO" and he sings it over and over.
- He still loves to snuggle, especially when he wakes up from a nap
- He has the most beautiful blues, they still make me stare. Especially when we are outside, those eyes just light up so blue! And I love them with his bright blond hair.
- He loves to go outside and brings me his shoes all on his own. (Take's care of himself, see?)
- He really gets what he wants, without making a peep about it. Today I found him sucking on the Hershey's syrup bottle he'd gotten out of the fridge. :)
- He is tough.
- He is sensitive. If he gets his feelings hurt, his bottom lip sticks out and he gets the saddest look on his face until he just bursts into tears. It melts my heart every time.
- He has stranger anxiety! (NO!!!) I blame it all on our attempt to take him to nursery a couple times. Now he doesn't even want to be left with any of his grandparents! And let me tell you, he screamed the ENTIRE time the doctor was in the room at his well visit today.
- He still has his scream, and is learning to perfect it by copying the "whistle scream" that Christian does., only louder. My sanity is on the verge of extinction.
- He gets so excited when Daddy gets home!
- He has started making this intense face with clenched fists when he is really excited about something. It is so cute!
- He loves the stroller and loves to go on walks. He is very disappointed when we have to get buckled in the car instead. Although he is also a great traveler.
- He loves sunglasses! Gasses, he calls them
- He loves to find his belly button
- He sleeps like an angel! He sleeps at least 12 hours at night and takes a two hour nap during the day. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon.
- He is ticklish and loves to be tickled, especially by Christian, and occasionally Ethan.
- He loves his brothers, and tolerates Christian much better than Ethan. :) He can say "Chis-chan" but we're still working on any form of Ethan.
- He loves to jump on the trampoline, and fall down and lay back. It is so fun to see him do this, all in his own little world.
- He is so pleasant and so fun, and so happy.
- Nicknames include: Owen Bowen and Owes
Truly, I cannot get enough of him. I have probably written than 50 times on this blog, but it's the truth. And Jake feels the same way. We love our Owen!
And here are his stats, for the record:
Height: 32.5 inches (57%)
Weight: 25.13 lbs (40%)
Head: 19.3 inches (82%)
| Taking after his father. :) |
| I love his profile, and his long eyelashes! |
| silly boys! |
| Happy when he wakes up! |
| Notice the nice shiner he got today, right after his doctor appointment? |
2 comments:
He really is so handsome!
what a special boy - no wonder you love him so much!!!
thanks for sharing
-Dad
Post a Comment