I can't believe our little Owen is FIVE! And it's funny that now, all of a sudden, he seems so much more grown up! He had such a fun day for his birthday, and I think I enjoyed the day just as much as he did!
It started with french toast for breakfast, complete with a candle to blow out, followed by opening his presents. He got a red razor scooter, and that was his favorite present! He also got some clothes, socks and underwear, a rocket, a paw patrol watch, and his own mini basketball. Then the big boys headed off to school and Owen and Lincoln got to go play with Blake and Cubby at their house. (This was heaven sent because I got to decorate his cake and get the whole kitchen cleaned up while they were gone, which allowed me just to play with Owen the rest of the day.)
I picked them up and we came home to eat ramen for lunch (per Owen's request) and then Lincoln took a nap and Owen and I played. And my favorite part of the day was going outside with him and scootering up and down the street while Lincoln napped, just the two of us. So much fun! Owen is such a fun little guy!
Once Lincoln woke up from his nap and the big boys came home from school I took them all to McDonald's and we got ice cream cones and french fries and the boys played on the playplace. We never do this, so this was a fun treat! Then we headed home for pizza and a party!
The Kerr's and Grandma and Grandpa came over and we opened presents and had cake and ice cream and called it a party! Owen's cake had Paw Patrol figures on it and then spelled his name on the inside of it, which kind of worked. It was still really cool and super yummy! Owen was just so excited that it was his special day and I really think he had a great day! I loved every minute I got to spend with him!
At FIVE years old Owen:
--is so smart!! He is reading, can add, and knows so many things
--is so good at playing by himself, with cars, rescue bots, or his paw patrol toys
--loves paw patrol
--sleeps with his blankies
--is SO excited to be playing on his first soccer team, the Cheetahs
--loves preschool!
--loves to ride his new razor scooter
--has an excitement for life
--gives me the best hugs! A lot!
--Has the sweetest smile to brighten my day
--plays well with his brothers
--often butts heads with Christian (they are too much alike!)
--gets really anxious about unfamiliar situations, but is quite confident once they are familiar
--is the best big brother to Lincoln
--loves primary
--loves books
--takes a much needed nap about once a week
--is full of questions
--loves rescue bots
Owen, you are my favorite five year old in the whole world! I can't believe you're five, and that you are getting close to head off to kindergarten! But I know you will love it, because you have such a love and excitement for learning and for the world around you. You are my buddy and know just how to brighten my day when I'm grumpy, with your bright blue eyed smile and a back rub to go with it. I love you more than words can say! Happy Birthday Buddy!
Love, Mom
--is so smart!! He is reading, can add, and knows so many things
--is so good at playing by himself, with cars, rescue bots, or his paw patrol toys
--loves paw patrol
--sleeps with his blankies
--is SO excited to be playing on his first soccer team, the Cheetahs
--loves preschool!
--loves to ride his new razor scooter
--has an excitement for life
--gives me the best hugs! A lot!
--Has the sweetest smile to brighten my day
--plays well with his brothers
--often butts heads with Christian (they are too much alike!)
--gets really anxious about unfamiliar situations, but is quite confident once they are familiar
--is the best big brother to Lincoln
--loves primary
--loves books
--takes a much needed nap about once a week
--is full of questions
--loves rescue bots
Owen, you are my favorite five year old in the whole world! I can't believe you're five, and that you are getting close to head off to kindergarten! But I know you will love it, because you have such a love and excitement for learning and for the world around you. You are my buddy and know just how to brighten my day when I'm grumpy, with your bright blue eyed smile and a back rub to go with it. I love you more than words can say! Happy Birthday Buddy!
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment