Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Fixed Fan, and a sweet moment

I wrote this a month or so ago, but it got lost somehow...here it is now. :)

Bedtime is not my forte. Sometimes, or maybe a lot of the time, I don't have much patience at bedtime. I'm tired, the boys are tired, NOBODY listens, unless my voice gets louder...sound familiar? Ugh. I hate putting my sweet little guys to sleep with Mom's loud voice in their heads. But unfortunately sometimes that happens. Not always though. I love putting my sweet little guys to bed with whispers of I love you, kisses, and bear hugs. And let me tell you, Ethan gives the best bear hugs.

Well tonight I am grateful that I had a little extra patience. The boys were tucked in, the door was closed, and I was at work on the dishes. Ethan came out to get a drink, as usual. When I went to tuck him back in, I tried to sneak out before Christian stirred, but to no avail. As usual. :) And then it went something like this:

Mom?
Yes?
I need you to fix my fan.
I will fix it tomorrow.
No, right now.
Christian, just leave it alone and lay down and we'll fix it tomorrow. (his fan was on, but the switch was broken. He wanted me to fix it so he could turn it off and on himself.)
Mom, can you just turn the light on for one or two seconds so I can see something?

I turned on the light and waited.

And about a minute later Christian exclaimed, "I fixed it! Mom, I fixed it!" he had the biggest smile on his face. He was so proud! He couldn't stop smiling. Dad had entered the scene by now, and Christian was so proud to tell Daddy that he'd fixed his fan!

It was a sweet moment, to see that smiling, proud little boy up on the top bunk. I'm glad I didn't miss it, and insist that we fix it in the morning, which would have inevitably resulted in crying and screaming.

I'm so glad I didn't miss it.





1 comment:

Myra&Brian said...

way to go, Camille!! that is awesome how you handled that..!
-Dad