This Christmas was so nice. We got up and did Christmas morning presents with the boys in no hurry. We had cinnamon rolls in between Santa and other presents, and sang to Christian of course, before he blew out his breakfast candles. We opened more presents and watched the boys enjoy their new toys. I love just watching the excitement.
Eventually we got ready for church at 10:50, which I was so grateful to have scheduled that day. I wish Christmas fell on a Sunday every year! There is not a better way to spend part of the day than to go to church, listen to beautiful music about the Savior's humble birth, and hear uplifting words that inspire. It was a wonderful part of the day.
After church we had my parents and Melissa over for lunch, where we ate Russian borscht, a Christmas tradition we started in Georgia two years ago. It was delicious! And it was fun to have my family join us! We enjoyed the afternoon, pulled out the birthday decorations and decorated a rocket ship cake, until it was time for our next guests and event of the day. We ate Golden rod egg for dinner (Christian's request) and the Merkleys joined us for birthday cake and presents.
What a day! But it was really nice to stay home and enjoy it with family. I think we decided next year we only need two meals on Christmas. :)
When I looked through my camera, I realized I only had three pictures from Christmas morning! And mostly they are of Owen. :) I did get lots of video though. I guess I was just enjoying it all too much!
| Christian brought this home from preschool that he'd drawn all by himself! And he DID get a remote control car, just like he wanted. |
But here is the Christmas loot!
| Ethan and Christian with their loot :) |
These sleds came from Santa and luckily there was just enough snow a couple days later to enjoy some man-powered sledding. It first started with Christian pulling Ethan and it was so fun to watch how much fun they were having together! Ethan was loving it! Eventually they convinced me to pull them and the laughter was even more enjoyed. I love seeing my two boys having fun together!
1 comment:
Loved this entire posting! The tree is definitely a little boy's tree. Good for you for leaving it as is.
Post a Comment